Using Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick may sound like a pretty tricky task at a glance. However, the truth is that it is possible to have a Zoom app for Firestick with a specific method. If you are interested in it, you may go ahead and read the remaining paragraphs of this guide.
As of today, the entire globe is “shrunk” and has become a global city. Communication has become more of a walk in the park no matter where you live. New and more sophisticated tools are being introduced on a regular basis to make communication easier. That said, Zoom has become so popular nowadays as a tool that lets you communicate easier and better. This tool is often used for purposes like conferences, online training, meetings, or even for casual calls among friends. Well, anyone will like to have those Zoom sessions on big screens (say, TV screens). So, getting Zoom on a TV screen is not that difficult if you use the correct steps. Using Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick is the most practical way to get it done. So, if you are interested in this Zoom Firestick concept, keep reading and learn how to do it.
Zoom App for Firestick
When it comes to the video calling feature, you can use Firestick for that purpose. However, it has some consequences. Well, Firestick is not originally designed to make video calls. So, you shouldn’t be surprised to see those difficulties found in the “Zoom for Firestick” method. Let’s move ahead and learn the possible difficulties you will experience when you use it.
- Obviously, it doesn’t have any webcam support. In this case, you will have to buy an external camera to accomplish the task. In addition to that, you’ll have to buy an adapter as well because it doesn’t support a USB connection.
- Next, you should go for a microphone to speak to the party at the other end. You will have to use the Alexa features. However, to accomplish that, you will also need Alexa speakers. If not, you can even go for an Echo.
- On top of that, it will let you communicate with Echo users only. Because of that, the person you intend to contact must have an Echo device.
As long as you can fulfill all those requirements, it will be possible to use the Zoom Firestick method. You should download the Zoom app for Firestick first of all.
The most practical method to use Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick is casting it on your TV. That can be done either through your phone or computer. In simplest terms, it is all about screen mirroring. The controls can be done using the mobile or the camera. Only the video call will be mirrored to the TV, and no controls can be done through that.
It is possible to use Zoom for Firestick in two basic methods. You can either download the Zoom app for Firestick or mirror your phone or computer to a bigger screen.
How to Download the Zoom App for Firestick
Mentioned below is how you can download Zoom for Firestick.
- First, you should configure your Firestick module and get it connected to the internet.
- When you do that, you can see the home screen. Just go to the option called “Search” to proceed.
- From there, you should enter the text “Zoom” along with the assistance of the onscreen keyboard. You can also get the assistance of the remote.
- Now, you should choose the “Zoom” app from the results that appeared on the screen.
- When you are on the app info, go to the option called “Download.” It may also appear as “Get.”
- The app will be downloaded to your Firestick now, and it will get installed.
- You can now open the app and provide credentials to log in to the Zoom account.
- There are four basic options on the screen. Choose the option called “New Meeting.” If not, you can even choose “Join” if you already have a meeting to join.
Screencasting Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick
First, you should configure your Firestick device so it can be compatible with the mirroring (casting) process.
01. Configuring Firestick for mirroring
- First, you should plug in your Amazon Firestick to the TV. After that, you should switch it on. Then, you can connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- You should locate the home button on your Firestick remote. Then, press it and hold it for about three seconds. After that, Menu options will appear on the screen.
- You can now select the option called “Mirroring” from the interface.
- You will now notice a message on the screen. It says, “While the screen is open, guest devices can wirelessly mirror their display to XXXX.”
- That means your Firestick is ready to use. It will be paired with the display of your smartphone.
02. Configure the Zoom Meeting
- First, you should visit the official website of Zoom. If not, you can even launch your smartphone’s Zoom app.
- You can now log into the respective Zoom account by providing credentials to proceed. Or, you can even create a new account by signing up.
- You may choose the option called “New Meeting” if your intention is to host a Zoom meeting. On the other hand, you can click on “Join” if you need to join an existing meeting.
- You can proceed with the instructions provided on the screen now. You can then invite the contacts you prefer and select a meeting mode to proceed.
- As you may know already, the Zoom website, as well as the app, come with very impressive interfaces.
- As a result, you can find all the options easier without much hassle. This is true even if you are a total novice.
Screen Mirroring Zoom App for Firestick with Android Devices
- Go to the Settings app on your Android device and choose the option called “Cast.” It may be located under the option called “Control Center.”
- Now, you are supposed to connect the Android device to a Wi-Fi network. Your Firestick, too, should be connected to the same network.
- If not, you can search for something related to “Settings” and find those options.
- Then, you should tap on the icon that appears as three dots to proceed.
- Now, you will find a checkbox next to the option called “Enable Wireless Display.” Just check that box.
- You can choose your Firestick from the list you can see.
- Once you have done that, you can easily stream any video call to your Firestick.
However, you should know that there can be some devices that do not support the screen mirroring feature. When it comes to such a matter, you should seek the assistance of a third-party casting app.
Cast to TV is one of those reputed apps you can use to case Zoom Firestick. So, you can download it through the Play Store.
- You should connect both Firestick as well as the smartphone to the same network.
- Now, open the app on your phone to process.
- The app will perform a search to find the devices that are already available.
- You should choose your Firestick device, and that’s it. You can start streaming now.
How to Stream Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick Using a PC
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to stream Zoom for Firestick using a Windows PC.
- Click on the “Notification” option, which is located on your smartphone screen’s bottom-right corner.
- Then, you are supposed to choose the “Connect” option.
- It is always mandatory to connect your Firestick as well as the PC to your Wi-Fi (same network).
- Now, you should choose your Firestick device through the available list.
- After mirroring the screen, you should launch a web browser and scream your Zoom call.
FAQ: Zoom on Amazon Fire Stick
Mentioned below are some of the frequently asked questions related to Zoom for Firestick.
Yes. It is possible to use both Fire TV Stick or Firestick to view Zoom meetings.
To do that, you can rely on the built-in mirroring tool located in Firestick. It is found in its “Quick Menu.” With that option, you can perform this Zoom Firestick collaboration.