Did you know that it is possible to merge MP4 files VLC? Well, if you use the correct steps, VLC combine videos is a very simple process. If you are interested in learning it, the below article will explain how to do it. So, keep reading and learn everything about VLC merge videos.
As you may already know, VLC is one of the most popular media players in the world. It is compatible with pretty much all the platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac, and so on. Apart from being a video playback, it works as a versatile tool. This specific tool has a range of editing features. For instance, it comprises features to merge, convert, and so on. With that said, if you look for an affordable method to merge a video, VLC is a decent option. Being a free tool, it offers pretty amazing features. So, in this article, we will explain VLC merge videos.
Part 1: How to merge MP4 Video Files in VLC usually?
VLC Media Player is compatible with pretty much all the standard formats. They include MP4, M4V, MOV, WMV, and so on. The videos that come with similar formats can be merged easily in a couple of convenient steps. Basically, it is a media player app that comes with universal compatibility. If you want to give it a try, you can follow the steps below and accomplish the task.
- Download and install VLC Media Player on your computer to start this process. Then, on the main screen of the interface, you will find an option called Media. In that dropdown, you can select the option called “Open Multiple Files.”
- From the popup window, you will be able to see an option called “File.” You should click on it and then go to the button labeled “+Add” as well. You can then browse for the videos that you intend to merge. You should note that you can add multiple files.
- Once you have done that, you can open the dropdown menu found at the “Play” menu. Then, choose the option called “Convert.”
- Now, you will be able to see a new Window labeled “Convert” to proceed. From that, you can choose a destination to save the file that is merged. You can choose “Desktop” as the location and hit “Save.” Then, to complete the merging process, you should click on the button labeled “Start.” That will combine the video process.
Part 2: Best option to try if VLC merge videos don’t work
VLC is one of the most basic merging tools that come with limited features. If you have files of different formats and parameters and you want to merge them, VLC won’t work. Even if it works in some cases, you cannot expect high-quality file output. This is exactly when you will have to rely on a professional application like Wondershare UniConverter. You can have this application on your computer no matter whether it runs on Mac or Windows.
Wondershare UniConverter is one of those applications that can merge different types of file formats. For instance, you can combine files of MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, WebM, and plenty of other formats together. Also, it can merge files of different parameters as well. Most importantly, that will help you merge files without losing the quality. When you export the file format, you can choose the resolution level. Also, the process of file merging will be very simple thanks to its unique, friendly user interface. You can find several video editing features in this application. Once the merging is completed, you can transfer those files to many devices with ease.
Mentioned below are the features associated with Wondershare UniConverter.
- It is compatible with over 1000 file formats.
- You can convert video links to MP4 and convert different types of files without experiencing any quality loss.
- It features 30X faster video conversion speed compared to other standard tools in the market.
- You can use it to merge different video clips into a single video following a couple of steps.
- It allows you to remove or delete unwanted clips and merge useful content only.
- You can burn videos straight into DVDs with a couple of easy steps.
- This tool allows you to compress videos into a smaller size if you have limited space.
- You can download videos from over 1000 video-sharing platforms.
- You can record screens, webcam, audio without losing quality.
- It is compatible with pretty much any operating system version in the market today.
Mentioned below are the steps that should be followed in order to merge videos with UniConverter. All these steps are super-easy, and you can follow them even if you are a total novice.
- First, you should install and open Wondershare UniConverter on the system. Then, you should be able to see the user interface of the Wondershare UniConverter application. You can notice a section called “Converter,” and click on that button and browse for the videos. You can locate the videos that should be merged. And you can then drag and drop the files. To edit the functions, you will be able to use the icons under the added file’s thumbnail image.
- Now, you have to define the target format of the file. To do that, you should go to the left-bottom corner. Then, open the dropdown menu, which is located under the Output Format. Then, under the tab called “Video“, you should choose the desired video format as the output format. In addition to the format, you can even choose the resolution of the same file.
- After reaching the bottom menu of the interface, you can go to the option called “Merge All Files.” To do that, you should move the slider button. You should choose the desktop as the location to save the files that are merged. That can be chosen through the “File Location” option. As the final step, you can hit the button labeled “Start All.” That will merge the file.
That’s it. Although VLC is a good option to merge some basic videos, it has some limitations. However, when it comes to merging advanced videos of different formats and parameters, you should use a better tool. That’s why we recommended a tool like Wondershare UniConverter. That is the best alternative to VLC merge videos.
Also, here is everything about Capcut App for PC for your reference.
Part 3: The best alternative to merge MP4 files VLC – iMyFone Filme
iMyFone Filme is considered to be one of the most astonishing video editing applications found in the market. This is very popular among individuals, no matter whether they are professionals or beginners. It is the best alternative to VLC combine videos due to various reasons, and that’s why we elaborate it.
With the assistance of it, you can edit videos either with advanced or basic options. The most notable feature of this application is convenience. It is possible to use this application to edit videos with a couple of easy steps. The navigation process between the options is easy. With this specific application, you can become a very impressive video editor even without experience.
How to use iMyFone Filme and combine videos
Now that you have substantial knowledge about the features of Filme. Let’s learn how to use it.
- You should download iMyFone Filme on your computer and get it installed properly. After launching the respective application, you should delete the media that exist in the library.
- Now, you can add media files to the application’s timeline. To do that, you should drag and drop multiple video clips. If not, you can simply add video files by clicking on the “+” icon.
- Before combining the export and merged video files, you can trim and split or even resize them. As a result, you can omit unwanted parts and keep the content you need.
- Now, you can merge the clip simply by adding a couple of more videos into the timeline. Then, you can make it better and unique by adding some transitional effects as well. Once the edits are done, and you are satisfied with your product, you can save the file.
Pros of iMyFone Filme
- It has a very simple, fast, and convenient interface.
- There are plenty of ready-made templates that can be used for easy and fast video making.
- It has a fast video mode so you can create videos with music.
- It has all the editing options, including trimming, cropping, rotating, speeding, cutting, transitions, and so on.
- You can add any effect using a single click.
- Features multi-layer video editing to deliver professional output.
- The free version of Filme keeps a watermark on the output video file.
- For some users, the price can be a concern.
Conclusion on VLC Merge Videos
It is true that you can merge MP4 files VLC for free. However, VLC is not a dedicated video editor, and it does have some limitations. In that case, you can use a professional app like Wondershare UniConverter or iMyFone Filme. Those applications are capable of delivering professional output with some great features.