VCF to CSV conversion may be a requirement of many individuals. If you wonder how to convert VCF to CSV, there are a handful of ways to do it. In this article, we will explain those methods for those who are interested.
One of the well-known methods to do it is through Microsoft Excel along with a VBA script. The truth is that it is not as simple as one might expect, but it can deliver expected results. However, there are other ways for those who want to learn other convenient ways to convert VCF to CSV.
Obviously, the most convenient and straightforward method to fix this issue is online conversion. There are many online converters you can use to convert VCF to CSV without much trouble. The good news is that it is totally possible to use a tool like Google Contracts as well. That is a great conversion tool that Google itself offers. If you have imported those contacts into Google Contacts, you will be able to see that option.
Google Contacts is a very impressive tool that allows both importing and exporting the contacts on your accounts. When it comes to contacts, you can export them to Google CSV. If not, you can import them with Outlook CSV. The former is generally used for the purpose of importing contacts into Google Accounts. On the other hand, the latter is used to import contacts to MS Outlook.
What is a CSV?
CSV is the abbreviation for “Comma Separated Values.” Basically, it is not more than a text file with plain text. It comprises a list of data. In general, these files become incredibly useful when transferring data between two different applications or platforms. For instance, CSV files are found in databases as well as in contact managers.
In some cases, CSV files are often called Comma Delimited files too. These files usually use a comma character in order to delimit the data. However, in some cases, they may contain other characters as well. Semicolons are one example. Generally, you can share data like contacts easily if you save them in the form of CSV.
What do we need to convert VCF to CSV using this method?
You need only aspects to accomplish the task of converting VCF to CSV, and mentioned below are those.
- The respective VCF you intend to convert to CSV
- Access to your Google Account
Besides, if you are experiencing the Excel not responding issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Ok. Let’s get to the main point now. How to convert VCF to CSV? Just like pretty much all the other services of Google, the “Contacts” option is linked to the Gmail account. That means, if you have a Google account, you are ready to start the process. But you should note that all those contacts you may find in the VCF can be accessed with Gmail. Also, they are available for other Google apps as well. For instance, if you’ve linked a specific Google app to a phone, the contacts are available on that device. So, what can you do if you don’t want to have those contacts in that device? In that case, please just delete all those contacts. That can be performed once the conversion is completed.
In addition to that, there is a possibility for you to get contacts mixed up. That can happen when you have another Google account and have synchronized it with the same device. Many individuals don’t want those contacts to get mixed up. When the contacts get mixed up, there can be plenty of confusion. So, you should take all the measures to avoid mixing up the VCF files.
The good news is that you can prevent such confusion using a couple of methods. So, we will get to that point later on.
The other thing is that there is absolutely no necessity to follow all those steps. Instead, you can use a fresh Gmail account to achieve the same purpose with ease. That means you can use a new Gmail account that doesn’t have any contacts in it. As a result, there will not be any conflict between the contacts when you convert VCF to CSV.
Step 2. Import VCF Files
At this stage of converting VCF to CSV, we proceed to import your VCF file. Please just follow below simple guide to accomplish that step.
01. As the first step, you should click on the option called Google Contacts.
02. Sing into Google Account
Once you have done that, you should sign in to the Google account you already have. That means the Gmail account you already have. However, if you don’t like to use an existing Gmail, you can use a new one for this purpose.
03. Import VCF files
When you have reached the menu, you can click on the option called “More.” After that, you should click on the option called “Import.” After that, you can see a separate window. That will display the Accounts you can import your contacts. Also, you can select the last option called “CSV or vCard.”
04. Convert VCF to CSV
Now, in the process of converting VCF to CSV, you should rely on the older app version. At the moment, it supports the older version only. So, in order to import those contacts, you should switch to that specific option. In this case, please click on the option called “More.” It appears in the form of a button. After that, you can choose the option called “Import.”
You can then click on the option called “Browse.” After that, you should navigate through your locale storage and choose the specific VCF that should be converted. Once you have done that, you can click on the option called “Import.”
If the process is successful, you will be able to view all of the contacts. That means the contacts that are included in the respective VCF that appeared in the window of Google Contact. We have done the “hard work” now. You can then export the same file into a CSV. After all, that is how we are going to get this VCF to CSV conversion done. That means we have important contacts as VCF, and they will be exported as a CSV.
Step 3: Export your VCF to CSV
01. Now that the VCF file is imported, you should export it. Then, click on the option labeled “More.” However, at this step, you are supposed to click on the option called “Export.” This applies to the “New Version.” However, when it comes to the older version, you can find it at the top of the screen. On there, you should click on “More.” Then, you should choose the option called “Export.”
02. You will be able to notice a new window that represents the Export contacts. That will be opened so observe the top of the screen. There, you will be able to see the contacts that should be exported as CSV. If you want to export all of those contacts, you are supposed to click on the option called “All Contacts.”
Mentioned below are some of the important tips you should remember when converting VCF to CSV. These points will be useful if you intend to convert VCF to CSV without any conflict from your end.
- If you choose the option called “All Contacts,” that will export every single contact in your Contacts. That means the ones that are saved in your contact list. So, you should have the contacts that appear before importing VCF to CSV file.
- When it comes to Google Contacts, which creates a newer label for the contacts that are imported, this happens automatically. If not, you can even export those imported contacts only. To do that, you should choose the option called “The Group.” After that, you should select this specific label.
- On the other hand, if you want to export only some of the contacts, there is another method. As per this method, you should go back one step. Then, you should select the contacts that should be exported VCF to CSV file. This should be done before clicking on the option called “Export.”
- You should decide the format of the output (export) file. In this case, you should choose CSV. Once you have done that, you should click on the option called “Export” to proceed. After that, you will see that the CSV download is taking place. In general, the entire process may not take longer than a few seconds. That’s it!
As mentioned, using a fresh or a disposable email account is a good approach to convert VCF to CSV. However, you will have to delete its contacts once the exporting is done to proceed with this. If not, you can even get rid of the Google account itself. That is a good option in terms of your own security.
So, those are the steps you can take if you intend to convert VCF to CSV. For any other inquiries related to this matter? Please let us know.