“How to make Live Photo into video so I can share it with my friends who use iPhone? Is it even possible? I am a new iPhone user and wonder how to do it for the past couple of days. Does iPhone offer a default feature, or should I use a third-party tool? Please help.”
If you have a question similar to the above, you are reading the correct article to find your answer. Well, Live Photos is a very handy feature introduced by iPhone so you can make photos that have motions. This specific feature was introduced some time ago (back in 2015), initially for the iPhone 6s. Since then, this feature has become so popular among pretty much every iPhone user. But you should know that the Live Photos feature works only with iOS devices (iPhones). If you share a Live Photo with a friend who uses Android, the photo will appear in static mode. So, it is a huge drawback.
The good news, however, is that you can turn Live Photos into videos if you use iOS13. You can create short videos using Live Photos and still retain their sound and motion properties. In addition to that, you can share all those videos regardless of the platform. The purpose of this article is to explain how to make Live Photo into video. So, keep reading and learn everything about it.
Part 1: How to turn Live Photos into videos (for iOS13 and newer users)
If you use an iOS13 or newer version, you can easily convert a Live Photo to a video. In that case, you don’t need a third-party app. All you need is to access your iOS device and proceed. With iOS 13, you can easily convert individual Live Photos to videos in batches. With that said, both of those practices are explained below for your reference and convenience.
For a single photo:
- First, you should open the “Photos” app so you can change Live Photo to video.
- Now, go to the option called “Albums.” Then, you are supposed to Scroll down and choose “Media Types” to select “Live Photos.”
- Now, you should choose the Live Photo that should be converted into a video.
- After that, click on the option called “Share.” Then, scroll down to choose the option called “Save as Video.” You can then check the video in the Recent album located in the app named “Photos.”
For multiple photos:
- First, go to the “Photos” app on the iPhone as the first step.
- Then, you should go to the option called “Albums” and choose the option called “Media Types.” After that, choose the option called “Live Photos.”
- You can choose any number of Live Photos at this stage.
- Once the photos are selected, go to the option called “Share.”
- Choose the option called “Save as Video” to complete the process.
- You can then find the video in the Recents. You can either share them with friends or just view them as you need.
Part 2: How to make Live Photo into video if you use an older iOS version
If you are using an older version of iOS13, there’s a default option to turn Live Photos into videos. In this case, however, the process is completed by converting the respective photo to an “effects” video. Follow the steps below and turn Live Photos into videos.
- First, you should launch the Photos app on your iPhone and go to the album of Live Photos.
- Then, you should choose the file that needs to be converted.
- Then, you should go to “Loop” or “Bounce” from the effects. It can be found under the “Live Photo” option.
- You can save the file now, and you will be able to locate that file as a video.
Part 3: How to make Live Photo into video using an app
Those who want to make Live Photo into video using a third-party app can consider this option. Choose any Live Photo and convert it to a video with music using the app called Lively. However, if you don’t need any sound, you can create videos with no sound. The app is convenient, and it converts all those Live Photos to videos in a couple of seconds. In this section, we will explain how to do it.
- First, you should download the app called Lively on your device. Then, choose the specific Live Photo you intend to convert.
- After that, you can tap on the option called “Movie,” which is located at the top. Then, you can view the video.
- In addition to that, you can edit videos as you wish (such as trimming the videos).
- Once you have done that, you can tap on the option called “Export Movie.” After that, you can choose to “Save” the video. Your Live Photo will be saved as a video in the Photos App now.
Part 4: Editing Live Photos
For iPhone user, you can edit those Live Photos to add more excitement to them. You will be able to add filters and trim those frames to make the photos more attractive. If not, you can even adjust the color or the contrast of the respective video. Mentioned below is how to edit a Live Photo.
- First, you should go to the “Photos” app. After that, you can select a Live Photo that should be edited. Then, tap on the option called “Edit,” which is located at the top of it.
- You can then add many effects to the Live Photo feature. With iPhone, you can choose any key image that appears at the beginning of the Live Photos.
- You can use the slider feature to trim those frames of the Live Pictures. You can easily turn off the audio as well (just tap on the button labeled “Volume“).
- In addition to that, it allows you to turn Live Photos into tactic images as well. To do that, all you need is to press the button called “Live Photos.” It also gives you the option of editing parameters like exposure, contrast, color, etc. You can do it through the option called “Enhance.”
- In addition to that, it lets you crop all the Live Photos so you can add multiple filters. Once you have completed all those aspects, just click on “Done.”
- The images you have created can be found in your “Photos” app and view.
Bonus information: How to turn Live Photos into Still Images
There are some individuals who want to convert Live Photos into still (or static) images. They want to do it just to save some space. If you convert a Live Photo to a still image, it requires less space to be stored. You can change any of the Live Photos stored on your iOS device with only a two-step process. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow.
- First, you should launch your Photos app. Then, you should browse to the Live Photo that should be converted. After that, you should tap on the option called “Edit.” You can easily find this option on top of the screen.
- You can now tap on the Live Photo icon (in blue color). That will allow you to change the respective picture into a static image. You can then press the option called “Done,” so the Live Photo will be saved as a still image.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mentioned below are some of the frequently asked questions related to Live Photos to make it clearer for you.
01. What are the steps you should follow to take a Live Photo on an iPhone?
First, you should launch the camera app as you usually do. Then, you should enable the option called “Live Photos.” After that, you will have to choose the photo mode and hold the device still. After that, please press the shutter so you can capture a Live Photo.
02. How can I find the Live Photos that are already captured?
In order to locate the Live Photos that are already being taken, you should open the Photos app first. Then, you should choose the option called “Albums” and choose the option called “Media Types” as well. After that, you can choose “Live Photos” so you can access those moving pictures.
Well, that’s how to make Live Photo into video using your iPhone. As you can notice, it is a very simple and fast process. You can use the steps above and turn Live Photos into videos with no hassle at all. You can manipulate the Live Photos with the different types of steps we have mentioned. Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? If so, please let us know, so our experts will answer them at their earliest.