The Sony Vegas MOV compatibility issue has become a very common occurrence while editing downloaded videos on this platform. The same happens with many other formats that the tool fails to recognize. To understand why this happens and how to fix this, we present this guide to you. Continue to read as we give the best tips on making Sony Vegas MOV files compatible for QuickTime Sony Vegas editing.
For the issues mentioned above, you may also have to deal with a MOV file that is not being detected by the software of the Sony Vegas tool. In that case, third-party software comes out to be really helpful. The software helps in converting the format of files to make them compatible with the final software. Here, we are going to introduce a wonderfully useful tool to you that can do the same for your incompatible Sony Vegas MOV files.
We are talking about Wondershare UniConverter that is one of the best online solutions available for format conversion. You will find that the software has proven capabilities of performing conversion between formats that include MOV, FLV, AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. The best part is that the quality of the file doesn’t get affected at all. Moreover, UniConverter also comes with a kit of powerful editing tools that are enough to satisfy almost all of the video-editing demands of different users.
Wondershare UniConverter is just the perfect choice for making MOV files compatible with Sony Vegas software. It facilitates the creation of MPEG-2 or WMV codec format files that are also very high quality. These files are most compatible with the Sony Vegas tool. It can change the format of any source file irrespective of its original format.
This comprehensive video toolbox is full of advantageous features like the following:
- The tool can perform conversion of almost all files from MOV to over 1000 formats and vice versa too. This includes all the major formats, including MOV, FLV, AVI, MP4, WMV, and others.
- The conversion speed of this tool turns out to be unmatchable as it is 30 times faster than its counterparts.
- The tool is a powerful converter that gets proven by its ability to make files compatible with every type of device. It does so with the help of optimized presets it applies to the files.
- An added advantage is that the tool allows you to customize the final video files with editing tools for personalization and quality enhancement.
- The toolbox of the software lets you do so many other tasks than mere video format conversion. This includes GIF-making, VR converting, fixing metadata of videos, screen recording, casting video to devices like TV, etc.
- The interface of the tool is very user-friendly and best for the understanding of beginners.
- You won’t require any tech knowledge for operating the software to convert Sony Vegas MOV. With only a few steps and some clicks, your task will be done at a super-fast speed.
- The tool is highly compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. It can support the Windows Versions 7, 8, 10 as well as macOS 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11 (Big Sur).
The Sony Vegas software provides some of the highly effective editing functions for video files. However, it may not recognize certain file formats that can be solved by converting the target file format. Wondershare UniConverter can help here. Here are the steps you need to follow after you are done downloading and installing the tool on a PC:
1. The first step is to upload the target MOV files on the interface of the tool. Launch the tool and on the main screen, hit the button Add Video. Alternatively, you can go ahead with dragging the MOV files and dropping them on the tool’s interface. Your file will get imported now.
2. Now, you need to do the settings related to the final format of the output video. Click the option Editing Software, and you will see a drop-down menu appear having a list of formats.
3. Here, you need to select the option Vegas/Premiere (MPEG-2). This is the right format that is compatible with almost all the Sony Vegas versions, including 10, 11, 12, 13, etc. Also, the quality of the original video will remain intact throughout the process.
4. Lastly, you need to start the conversion process. Hit the button Convert and wait till the process completes.
You can check the progress in the notification bar on the tool’s interface. The final video will be ready soon for uploading on the QuickTime Sony Vegas editing platform.
The software Sony Vegas Pro is a highly advanced one where you can edit the MOV video files for even better results. You need to begin with downloading and installing the tool on a PC. After that, follow the steps given below:
1. The first step is to upload the target MOV files on the interface of the tool. On the main screen of the tool, there is an icon of a square and + on the top left portion. Click it, and from the box, select the target MOV file for conversion. Alternatively, you can go ahead with dragging the MOV files and dropping them on the tool’s interface.
2. Now, you need to do the settings related to the final format of the output video. You need to remember that you must select the format for the final video as per the compatibility demands of Sony Vegas Pro software. For setting up a format, click on the icon of a downward arrow next to the option of Output Format. If you have no idea about the formats compatible with the Sony Vegas Pro software, simply select the option MP4 from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking the option of Video. MP4 is a highly compatible format that can run on almost all platforms.
3. Lastly, you need to start the conversion process. Hit the button Start All present at the lower part of the main interface.
Wait till the file format gets converted for a QuickTime Sony Vegas editing. After that, you could simply upload the file on the Vegas pro tool and edit it the way you want.
Note: For saving the final video file at any particular location on the PC, you need to click the option Output. The option can be found on the lower bottom portion.
Things to know about compatible files for Sony Vegas software
There are certain things about the file compatibility demands of Sony Vegas software that you must know. This will help you decide better for file format conversion.
Why is the MOV format not compatible with Sony Vegas software?
Sony Vegas and Sony Vegas pro are very popular video editing software. These tools claim to be compatible with a wide range of formats for video import and export. However, this doesn’t stand out to be entirely true since a lot of users face incompatibility issues while uploading video files. The Sony Vegas software mostly recognizes files with formats like MPG or WMV.
In this case, MOV files also face difficulties in getting uploaded on Sony Vegas and Sony Vegas pro many times. Users have reported getting error messages for the same. However, you may think that why this error occurs when the software claim to be compatible with the MOV file format.
The reason behind this is that formats like MOV are container file formats. The container formats are data sources that contain information in a coded form through different schemes like data encoding and compression. These files cannot categorize themselves as a distinctive file format that is not the case with codec file formats. Sony Vegas software doesn’t recognize the file formats that are not distinctive.
Sometimes, MOV files are embedded with a video codec that is especially incompatible with Sony Vegas. One video codec that can make Sony Vegas MOV incompatible is DivX. Such MOV files fail to upload on Sony Vegas pro, even on the latest versions like 13.
Which file formats are compatible with Sony Vegas pro?
There are plenty of file formats that the software claims to support. Here is a list of them:
- PANASONIC MXF (AVC-INTRA AND DVCPRO) PCA
- SONY MXF (HDCAM SR AND XDCAM)
- XAVC INTRA MXF
- XAVC S
This was all about converting the Sony Vegas MOV format using the tool Wondershare UniConverter. This tool can be used for the same purpose for many other Sony Vegas incompatible file formats. Let us know about your experience with the tool, and connect with us for any queries in the comment section.