In this write-up, we intend to explain how to use the Slack screen sharing feature.
With this technology, you can experience better productivity and manage your work in a more convenient manner.
So, let’s keep reading and find out what it is.
Introduction to Slack
Keeping in touch with coworkers and colleagues is easy with Slack’s IM and video conference technology.
In other words, it has via video calls and chats to facilitate better communication between coworkers.
Slack’s screen-sharing ability is one of the best aspects of the platform. Before you begin, you need to be aware of a few things.
The below paragraphs explain what Slack screen sharing is and how to use it.
PS: if you are looking for a way to screen mirror from iPhone to Sony TV, this guide is just for you.
Main Features of Slack
Here are the main features of Slack so you can consider using it to streamline your work.
- It makes the concept of remote working much easier.
- Slack lets you know which members of your team are available at a given time.
- You can use it to set reminders so no work will get left behind.
- Notifications on tasks.
- Ability to make video calls and voice calls.
- Plenty of apps and integration options.
- Customization of channels
- Availability of channel details
When the above features are coupled with Slack screen sharing, you can expect great productivity.
Besides, if you wonder how to screen mirror on PS4, here are the top solutions for you.
How to Perform Slack Screen Sharing?
Slack screen sharing is simple if you are using a supported version of Slack. Stopping sharing your screen is just as simple. The screen may only be shared by one user at a time.
One person must complete and quit sharing their screen before another user can begin during video conferences.
This is particularly true if more than one person intends to perform such an action.
Also, let’s figure out how to change the Slack password simply.
Here are the step-by-step instructions if you want to perform Slack screen sharing successfully.
- First, you should open Slack on your computer and sign in. After that, you should start a video call on Slack. If not, you can even join an ongoing video call.
- After that, please click on the option called “Share Screen“.
- Now, the respective presenter’s screen will be disabled when performing Slack screen sharing. That means the person who shares this screen will lose his screen. In addition to that, the message notifications on Slack will be muted.
- Do you use a computer that comes with two screens? If so, you will see a specific message saying that there are dual screens. After that, you can select the screen you intend to share.
After starting to share a screen, the shared screen turns into the active window.
So, even if other users are speaking, other users will remain within the screen that is being shared.
- Once the screen sharing is done, you can click on the option called “Share Screen“. That will take you to the option that allows you to stop the sharing process. After that, you’ll be able to go back to the regular video mode that’s used when making Slack calls.
How to Use Slack For Work?
Apart from Slack screen sharing, there are plenty of other features you can use.
This amazing application allows you to work with better productivity.
That said, mentioned below are the ways you can do with Slack.
● Drawing on Screens While Sharing Them
Screen sharing in Slack makes it simple to show to others on the call.
In addition to allowing people to draw on the screen, you may also start drawing on your own screen. You can do that while presenting.
● How to Use It?
Click the icon that represents the “Draw” to activate sketching on your screen (this icon appears as a pencil).
During your presentation, you may draw on your screen with a mouse, finger, or stylus on touchscreen devices.
The mode of input will change depending on the device. To make a color change on your pen while sketching, use Command or Control on a Mac or Windows.
To allow other users to make some drawings on your screen when you’re sharing, screen drawing is enabled. It can be used by other participants by default.
This might be a source of irritation. You may turn this function off by clicking the button called Group Drawing, which is very handy.
Slack is free for individuals who use the lite version and don’t necessarily require all of the service’s functionality.
Plus, Standard & Enterprise Grid are the three free levels of service.
Slack screen sharing is only available to premium customers in these three specific levels.
The free version of the service does not have access to it.
Who Cannot Access It?
Well, there are a couple of instances in which Slack screen sharing isn’t available. Let’s discuss that in this section.
It is true that Slack screen sharing works perfectly on macOS and Windows platforms. However, if you are a Chromebook user, we got bad news for you; Slack screen sharing isn’t for you.
Moreover, this feature is not available for iOS and Android devices. So, simply put, the Screen Sharing feature is only for those who use macOS and Windows computers.
How to Use Screen Sharing if You Are a Windows User?
Those who use Windows can follow the path mentioned below to access the Slack screen sharing feature.
First, you should go to “Start” and select “Control Panel“. Then, go to the option called “Personalization“. After that, you should enable the theme called “Aero“. That is because Slack is compatible with Aero only.
In fact, Slack demands a specific amount of transparency, and only Aero offers it. After all, Aero is a pretty cool theme worth trying.
So, that’s basically it about using Slack screen sharing.
As you can understand, this is a very impressive feature that can make your work much easier.
In addition to screen sharing, however, this application got plenty of other useful features. So, go ahead and try them.