Are you reading this article because your device’s Samsung Smart Switch taking a long time? Well, you are reading the most appropriate content as it explains the best solutions to address this issue. So, continue reading and learn how to fix your Samsung device’s Smart Switch app taking forever.
As you may already know, Samsung Smart Switch is an app that was introduced back in 2013. The purpose of this app is to transfer data from older Samsung devices to newer ones. Thanks to this innovative feature, plenty of individuals found it easier to transfer data between devices. This method generally works decently to transfer data without necessarily losing them.
Why is Samsung Smart Switch taking long time?
As mentioned before, the Smart Switch app is a pretty decent option to transfer data. However, it has some notable shortcomings as well. Some users say that Samsung Smart Switch takes a long time, which is a good example of that. In addition to that, some individuals experience that this feature gets completely stuck at times. There can be several reasons for this issue. Let’s get a general idea about this issue before moving forward. (what if Smart Switch is stuck at 99 or Samsung Smart Switch not working)
You must know that Samsung Smart Switch is relatively slower compared to the other apps of its kind. In some cases, it can take about 2 minutes or so to transfer 1GB of data. The average data transferring speed of Smart Switch is less than 9MB per second. Compared to similar types of app, this is a pretty slow rate. Also, it often shows an error message mentioning that there is no adequate space.
In addition to that, many users say that they experience slower speed compared to the average speed. Some users even say that it takes more than 10 minutes to transfer the most basic data. When it comes to the reasons behind this issue, there could be plenty of them. One of the most common reasons is a poor Wi-Fi connection. Also, such an issue can emerge due to a hardware failure on one of the devices. Some users have experienced the same issue due to an issue associated with the current version. Besides, the same issue can trigger due to an issue related to the Smart Switch app itself.
Solutions to try if Samsung Smart Switch taking long time
In this part, let’s learn about the solutions you can use to address this issue. We reveal three effective solutions to fix this smart switch taking forever issue (what if the iPad keeps freezing).
Solution 1: Do some configuration changes on the devices
The first solution you can try is to make some configuration changes on the respective devices.
- If Samsung Smart Switch taking long time, just move the devices closer. In fact, you can even place one device on the other.
- If that doesn’t work, disconnect your devices from a Wi-Fi network. Then, you should exit Smart Switch and disable its Bluetooth and mobile data.
- Then, you should open the Smart Switch once again on both the devices and try to transfer data.
Solution 2: Perform a reboot
The next solution is to perform a reboot on the device. As we know, rebooting the device can fix various minor issues related to its OS. That said, follow up below simple steps.
- If you notice a really slow transfer speed, go for a hard reboot on the device. In some cases, rebooting itself can fix the smart switch taking forever issue without making it a big issue.
- The steps to follow to reboot an Android device can vary based on the model. However, in most Android devices, the reboot function works by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Be sure to hold those buttons for about 5 seconds so the device will be restarted. If you use an iPhone 8 or newer version, the method is different than the Android devices. First of all, you should press the Volume + button once and release it quickly. Then, do the same with the Volume Down button as well. After that, press the side button and hold it so the Apple logo should appear.
- Now, try to use your Samsung device’s Smart Switch program, and it should perform faster.
Solution 3: Use a professional alternative to Samsung Smart Switch
If none of the basic solutions have worked so far, you will have to use a professional alternative. There are several options to consider, and we present the most effective and powerful tools here.
01. iMyFone iTransor Pro [RECOMMENDED]
Undoubtedly, the most effective and powerful tool on this list is iMyFone iTransor Pro. There is no shortage of reasons for us to recommend this tool to transfer data between devices. This special tool can transfer 18 types of data between iPhones and Samsung through USB. This can be considered the best in the business due to its user-friendliness, efficiency, and speed. This app can transfer data, including photos, ringtones, call logs, WhatsApp data messages, etc.
Using iMyFone iTransor Pro is a straightforward task, even if you are a novice user.
Mentioned below are those simple steps you should follow to transfer data using iMyFone iTransor.
- First, you should download iMyFone iTransor Pro on your PC and install it to begin.
- Once the app is installed, you should launch it to see the home screen on your device. Then, connect the respective Samsung device to the same PC with a USB cable.
- On the Android device, you will have to grant access to the device data to proceed. In addition to that, connect the respective iPhone to the same PC using a USB cable. You should trust the same PC on the iPhone.
- Now, the program will begin the transfer after preparing the devices. You can then choose the type of data that should be transferred to the other device.
- After that, just click on the option called “Transfer.” You should wait until the data transferring is done.
That’s how simple it is if you use iMyFone iTransor Pro.
02. Use SHAREit as an alternative to transferring files
SHAREit is another good alternative you can use if Samsung Smart Switch taking a long time. As per their description, they boast a data transferring speed of around 20MB per second. This app can transfer plenty of file types, including photos, music, videos, etc. too. Also, it is compatible with any mobile brand, and it uses a Wi-Fi connection to transfer data.
Just simple follow below to use SHAREit.
- First, download the SHAREit app on your Samsung device and the destination device. Then, launch the app on both of those devices.
- Now, please click on the button labeled “Send” on the source device. That will turn on the device’s Wi-Fi hotspot. Then, on the destination device, tap on the “Receive” button.
- Then, click on the source phone’s name so the devices will be connected.
- Once your connection is established, choose the data types that should be transferred. Then hit “Next” to finish.
03. Use Copy My Data and perform basic data transferring
Copy My Data is a pretty decent app that can transfer basic files like contacts, videos, photos, and Calendars. It works on all the platforms to receive and send data. Also, this app doesn’t need you to create accounts to use it. Also, it features a special 4-digit code to protect your data during the transferring process.
Please follow below simple guide to use this app.
- Download Copy My Data on both the devices using the App Store and Google Play. Also, connect both of those devices to a single Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch the downloaded app and grant all the permissions as requested by the app. Hit “Next” on the devices. Next, tap on the option called “Copy data from another device” on the destination device. Then, choose “To another device” on the source device. You should tap on the device names to establish a connection.
- Note down the 4-digit code on your source device and enter it on the destination device. Select the files you intend to transfer and wait for a while. Hit “Finish” to complete the process.
04. Use Google Drive
Although Google Drive is not designed for data transferring between smartphones, you can consider it as a solution. This is particularly true if you have to backup and restore data.
Make sure that you have an internet connection to access Google Drive. The efficiency of this alternative method will totally depend on your internet connection’s speed. Moreover, you should have a Google account to proceed with this method.
- Connect your device to an internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile). Then, download the Google Drive app on both devices and launch it.
- Log into your Google Drive and tap on the + sign (located at the bottom of the screen). Upload all the data you intend to transfer.
- Now, go to the destination device and log into Google Drive using the same credentials you used earlier. The data uploaded from the source device can be downloaded now.
Also, click to know more alternatives to Samsung Smart Switch here if smart switch taking forever.
Well, those are the possible fixes you can try if Samsung Smart Switch taking a long time. Do you know other ways to address this issue? Please let us know.