“Is it possible to open MOD file on Mac? I want to do it immediately due to a very important reason. I appreciate it if someone out there can help me. Thanks a million.”
In the above question, the anonymous user has asked if she can open MOD file on Mac. This sort of question arises in specific circumstances. For instance, when you need to transfer a file in your JVC camera to a Mac or iOS device. Well, it becomes a problem because, by default, macOS doesn’t open files in MOD format.
The only way to solve this issue is by converting the MOD file into a different file format. That means a file format that is compatible with macOS and iOS platforms so you can open it easily. For instance, you can convert MOD into MOV. The good news is that it is possible to do this thanks to the large range of tools available. In this article, we explain how to open MOD files on Mac without much effort with the correct tool.
Part 1: What are the best applications to open MOD files on Mac computers?
Are you using a Mac and want to know how to open MOD file on Mac? This section is just for you. We will explain the best applications that can open MOD files on Mac without any trouble.
01. Leawo Blu-ray player
Leawo Blu-ray Player is an excellent app that can be considered to be one of the powerful players. One of the good things about this tool is that it is compatible with both Windows and macOS. On top of its great features, this player comes completely free to play in many video formats. It can play Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K HD videos smoothly on your macOS computer. This application is developed with an excellent video and audio enhancing algorithm to make things smooth and powerful. This tool is powerful enough to offer a superior cinema-like entertainment experience for users. To make it a more convenient experience, this application is compatible with the virtual remote control feature as well. As a result, users can choose to play a disc menu while playing Blu-ray/DVD disc playback.
02. VLC Media Player for Mac
Arguably, VLC can be the most popular media payer in the world. It has a compatible version for macOS as well. This application is popular for the ability to play plenty of media formats without any trouble. In addition to that, VLC media player has the ability to play damaged, corrupted, or incomplete videos. Interestingly, this player can even play videos that aren’t completely downloaded. VLC player’s algorithm doesn’t use the DVD region coding on RPC-1 drives that are found on firmware. As a result, you can use this player as a region-free player.
It is true that the VLC media player’s main purpose is to play videos and audio files. It can read a variety of file formats such as MPEG, WMV, MP4, MOV, WMV in addition to MOD. Also, it can read H.263M, WAV, AVI, and other formats you might haven’t even heard of. The list of file formats supported by VLC is really long. That is exactly why we consider this tool as one of the best tools on the list.
In addition to players like Leawo Blu-Ray player and VLC player, KMPlayer is another versatile player. This player is regarded as a highly compatible tool with pretty much all the video and audio formats. Thankfully, this player can cover pretty much all the playback requirements without any trouble at all. It is perfectly compatible with formats such as MPEG, TOD, VOB, WMV, M4V, etc., in addition to MOD format. The smooth functionality of this tool is much appreciated by various users across the globe. In addition to that, you can find this tool to be a very user-friendly one. Even if you are a beginner, you can use this tool without any difficulty at all.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to fix FLV files that are corrupted with ease.
Part 2: Converting MOD Files into other file formats using a Mac
In the previous section of our article, we explained how to open MOD file on Mac. As you can notice, it required you to use a specific player to play MOD files. So, what if you want to open a particular MOD file on several iOS devices? In that case, you should install that player on all of them. So, don’t you think that converting MOD into another file format a better alternative to that? Well, if you can convert a MOD file to a more common file format, it can be played easily.
It is true that there are several players to convert video files into different formats. However, the problem is that only some of them can do the job as you expect. Some of those tools can only do a below-par job. Also, their efficiency is well-below your expectation. They often cause quality loss and may even drop the sound quality as well. Therefore, searching for a good video converter is quite a challenge for many individuals. But we did the groundwork for you and did extensive research on the subject of best video converters. As a result, we ended up with a powerful tool called Wondershare UniConverter.
We prefer Wondershare UniConverter over plenty of other MOD converter tools due to a large number of reasons. It can convert MOD files into other formats such as WMV, 3GP, MP4, QuickTime, MKV, and so on. So, this top BUP file player alternative tool can convert the videos in your camera to any format with ease. As a result, you can enjoy it on any device, including iOS and macOS platforms. UniConverter can convert videos to be compatible with iPhones, iPads, Apple TV, media players of various brands, etc.
Please find below the most notable features of Wondershare UniConverter.
- It is the best converter that can convert YouTube to AAC, MKV to DivX and convert any MOD video into more than 1,000 other formats.
- You can convert MOD files to optimized presets to be compatible with any device.
- The conversion rate of UniConverter is 30 times faster than with the regular applications.
- Apart from converting, this tool can even do essential editing work as well. For instance, it can trim, merge, crop, add subs on video files without needing a professional skill.
- This application allows you to create playable DVDs as well, thanks to their collection of free templates.
- It can straightaway download or record any video from more than 10,000 video sharing sites. For instance, it is compatible with sites such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and so on.
- An extremely versatile toolbox that helps you to create GIFs, fix metadata of videos, etc. Also, it has cast, compressing, and screen recording tools.
- This tool is compatible with both macOS & Windows (even with the latest versions).
Now, let’s learn how to use it. In fact, using UniConverter is exceptionally easier. Even if you are totally new to this application, you can use it with no confusion at all. Below, however, we explain how to convert a MOD file using Wondershare UniConverter.
- First, you should download Wondershare UniConverter on your computer and get it installed properly. This process is very easy, thanks to the on-screen instructions. Then, launch the application to see the main screen. After that, you should click on the icon that appears as an inverted triangle. It is located next to the “Add Files” option. Then, please click on the option called “Add from Camcorder.” Please note that we assume that your video is still in the camcorder as per this example. Then, you should choose the MOD files from the camcorder. These are the files you will be converting.
- As the second step, you should choose the desired output format for the chosen MOD file. To do that, you should click on the inverted triangle, which is located next to the “Output Format.” Then, click on the tab dedicated to “Video” and choose the desired format and resolution.
- As the final step, you should start converting the MOD files. Once the parameters are set as per the previous step, click on the button labeled “Start All.” It is located next to the bottom-right corner. You will be able to find the output (converted) files inside the Output Folder once the conversion is completed. You can easily play those files on your Mac now.
Part 3: Playing MOD files on a Mac
Playing a MOD file on a mac, as we mentioned before, should be done with a compatible player. In fact, you can view such a file on a player that can reproduce MPEG-2 files. In general, MOD files are perfectly compatible with DVD-video standards, so you can watch them on a DVD player.
Also, you can convert a MOD file to an AVI or MPEG file. As a result, you can read those files using pretty much all the video editing tools. If your intention is to playback MOD video files on a mac, just rename it as MV2 or MPG. It will open on standard players like MPlayer OS X. Also, you can open such files on VLC as well.
By the way, if you are facing the QuickTime error 2048, here are the best solutions for you.
Part 4: Extracting audio from a MOD file on your Mac
Did you know that you can even extract audio files from MOD? Well, it can be done easily using the same tool we used in Part 02. All you need is to set the output format to be M4V or MP3 from the existing audio category.
Part 5: Trimming or cropping MOD videos on your Mac
The same tool can also be used for cropping and trimming videos on Mac. As we mentioned before, UniConverter comes with several handy features to edit videos on your Mac. It can even change the brightness, contrast, and saturation of the videos. Apart from that, you can even merge videos using the same tool.
So, that’s our article about how to open MOD files on Mac. As you can notice, Wondershre UniConverter is an all-in-one solution for your video editing requirements.