Having a mono-colored deck can allow you to lose some flexibility, while a mono-green commander deck doesn’t allow you to fall short on mana. It’s filled with various colors of the ramp and huge Main creatures. Here, we present you with some of the best picks from the mono-green commander.
About the mono-green commanders
In the game Magic: The Gathering, having a mono-colored helps you in a lot of ways. Some of them is allowing you to never fall short on mana. Having some Main creatures that can consume a lot of mana, the mono-green commander deck is considered the most versatile yet best of all.
Apart from all that, mono-green commander formation is quite scary for the opposing team. Being multi-faced, mono green commander deck is filled with strategies that can make your gameplay quite easier. They can trample a whole territory of the opponent. With the help of their regenerative abilities, it becomes quite easier to get hold of the game.
Top 13 best mono green commanders
These are the best picks from the enormous list of MTG mono green commanders:
1. Freyalise, Llanowar’s Fury
Main Creature – Planeswalker
- It creates an extra 1/1 Elf Druid green color card.
- She destroys every targeted enchantment, along with artifacts.
- It draws cards for every green-colored creature card you’ve got.
Freyalise is one of the most versatile mono green commanders. Once she entered the battlefield, she can make things quite easier. She’s equipped with a total of three Mind-blowing abilities, which keeps her slaying and in a hugely advantageous position. Her ultimate ability allows you to draw your card for every green card you own, and it synergizes perfectly with her +1.
2. MTG Mono Green Commander – Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Main Creature – Elder Dinosaur
- This card may cost X a lesser value of mana to cast. Here, X is the amount of power of your controlled Creatures.
Calling – “The earth walks, strongest of all.”
One of the common elements between the greatly powdered cards is that they can cheat by their magical ability and reduce their mana value. He’s a 12/12, with the ability to trample everything. Ghalta is one of the most capable creatures, being a threat to every game as he turns three or four.
By the way, here are the top Best Land Cards in MTG you should check out.
3. Nissa, Vastwood Seer
Main Creature – Elf Scout
- She allows you to search for a normal Forest card, keep it, and then leads to shuffling of your library.
Apart from being a two-sided Planeswalker, Nissa is quite capable of being an MTG mono green commander. She’s a 2/2, an Elf card who scout your library for Forest card as you enter the battlefield. Once you occupy the seventh land, Nissa will again be transformed into a Planeswalker. After the transformation, she can any of the six lands into a 6/6 elemental.
Also, let’s learn more about how to get the Warped Bone MHW with ease.
4. MTG Mono Green Commander – Yeva, Nature’s Herald
Main Creature – Elf Shaman
Ability – Flash; You may call creature cards of green colors, though they also had a flash
Calling – “I can call an army to my side in the blink of an eye. Best not blink.”
Yeva is a 4/4 regarding all four-mana. Apart from having flash for herself, she can also give out the flash to other Green color Creatures cards. Green cards have a propensity regarding dangerous and giant monsters. It’s reasonable for Yeva to have more than enough mana. Flash is the ability that’ll allow you to call a huge wall of blockers to nullify opponents’ attacks.
5. Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Main Creature – Human Monk
Ability – The player may play additional two lands on every turn.
Calling – “I do not miss Fukai Forest. It is not my home. My home is Kamigawa; it’s my family. Whenever I set my pack and rest my head, I am home.”
Azusa, Lost but Seeking is a three-mana and 1/2, which allows the player to move an additional two lands on every single turn. This ability is not combat-based. Instead, it’s designed to let you play across a good amount of land. By moving more across lands, you’ll gain more from just lands that you could’ve through the battlefield.
6. MTG Mono Green Commander – Ashaya, Soul of the Wild
Main Creature – Elemental
- Ashaya; Souls and the toughness of Wild’s power are equal to the amount of land obtained by the player.
- Converts each non-token card of yours into a Forest as an addition to other types.
Ashaya, Soul of the Wild is yet another Creature card of Green color. He has a five-mana Elemental, a unique power that allows the player to have toughness and power equal to the total number of lands obtained. Ashaya is a Fuel tank, all you’ve to do is to fuel that empty tank, and you’ll be surprised with easier things become for you.
7. Ayula, Queen Among Bears
Main Creature – Bear
Ability – Anytime a Bear get into the battlefield who’s under your control, you’ll get to choose :
- Add two +1/ +1 as a counter on the target Bears.
- All the Target Bear will fight every target Creature that isn’t being controlled by you.
Calling – ” Born from the oldest red cedar, nursed on the sap of the tallest spruce, crowned under the mightiest pine.”
Ayula is a huge powerhouse. She’s a 2/2, which makes her a great commander who can not only go all out in one go causing a huge effect on others, but she’s also an MTG Bear.
8. MTG Mono Green Commander – Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
Main Creature – Elf Scout
- Whenever a new creature gets into the battlefield, its owner gets to draw a card only if the power is higher than any other creature’s power.
- Add an X amount of mana in the combination of your pool of mana. X is referred to as the highest power in between the creatures controlled by me.
Sylvia is quite a fun commander, which allows her to get in use of political situations. She attains a 2 /3; her given abilities might be useful in many situations. This ability allows you to achieve victory with very little effort.
9. Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
Main Creature. – Phyrexian Praetor
- Haste, Trample
- If you serve any player or a permanent with a counter, it will automatically make it double in the number of counters served upon one.
Vorinclex might not be a good choice for a mono-green commander, but it sure makes things easier by doubling your counters. With the help of this card, you can instantly turn any 1/1 into 10/10 without any problem. A good thing about this Vorinclex is that you can also limit the number of counters for your opponent. It allows every planeswalker to use their ultimate move.
10. MTG Mono Green Commander – Omnath, Locus of Mana
Main Creature – Elemental
- Green mana stays inside your pool as phases and steps end.
- He attains a +1/+1 for every single green mana inside your pool.
This is the first type of Omnath we learned about, and they’ll have been attaining different colors after that. The best thing about the Creature card of green color is the ability of mana regeneration. It is a three-mana, a 1/1, allowing you to store mana as per your desire. These abilities of Omnath can make him pretty invincible, which is more than you could ask for.
11. Gargos, Vicious Watcher
Main Creature – Hydra
- Whenever your own controlled creature gets targeted by a spell, he fights one target creature that you’re not controlling.
- Its spells cost you 4 fewer mana to cast.
While Omnath is basically about mana, Gargos is basically about massive creatures. It’s a six-mana, 8/7 means if any of your creatures become a target of any spell, it will fight another monster on your behalf. One cool thing about hydras is that they come up with 4 lesser generic values of mana to cast. Due to their lesser value to cast, it means that they’re quite strong the majority of their time.
12. MTG Mono Green Commander – Ezuri, Renegade Leader
Main Creature – Elf Warrior
- Regenerate other targeted Elf.
- Any Elf creature controlled by you will get a +3/+3 and also gain trample by the end of the turn.
Calling – “The infamous Ezuri commands the highest bounty the vedalken have ever placed upon an outlaw.”
Ezuri is one best choices for the mono-green commander deck, as being. Renegade Leader does strategy justice. It’s a 2/2, which makes it stand above everyone, all thanks to having two abilities in the bag. One of the best things about using an Elf deck is that it’s totally about the amount of mana you have.
13. MTG Mono Green Commander – Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Main Creature – Human Rogue
- It puts a counter verse on your Yisan.
- The Wanderer Bard: It will search your library for any other card with converted mana having a cost equal to the Yisan. Later, it puts that into the battlefield and shuffles your whole library.
Yisan held the top spot for the best mono green commander. He’s a three-mana, a 2/3 with a super ability that allows you to finish the game easily. Having him on your deck is the answer for every single problem that comes with different mana costs. It also allows you to pull off game-ending moves very easily.
Mono green commander deck is one of the scariest decks, yet quite easy to play as well. It allows you to capture more land and shoot some fantastic strategies in the face of your enemy. Apart from being a scary deck, it can make your way to victory quite easier and utilize the abilities of your commanders more efficiently. I hope you liked our count to best MTG mono green commander deck.