“Hey guys, my iPhone silent mode keeps switching on and off (iPhone Mute Switch) for no specific reason. I didn’t do any major changes to my device but this issue is annoying me. Can someone please explain to me what’s wrong with it and a solution for it? Thanks in advance!”
If you have the same question, we have answers for you. We have composed this guide explaining the most appropriate solutions to address this error with no hassle.
Our team has tried these solutions and found success with them. So, let’s go ahead and find what these solutions are and know how successful they are.
Best Tools You Can to Try if Your iPhone Silent Mode Keeps Switching on and Off
In this section, we discuss some great third-party tools that can fix this iPhone mute switch error.
01. Use iToolab FixGo to Fix iPhone Silent Mode Keeps Switching On And Off Issue
Assume that there are no iOS updates available. So, the only way to resolve the software flaws is to perform a system repair on your iOS device. This can be accomplished with the help of iToolab FixGo, and that’s very easy.
For many individuals, repairing an iOS device is a pretty challenging task. In many cases, data losses are reported even with the official methods of fixing iOS devices. FixGo, on the other hand, can easily repair your iOS system without erasing any data, unlike an iTunes restore. There’s a good chance it can fix this problem because it can fix over 200 frustrating errors. For instance, it includes the most prevalent iOS system or stuck difficulties.
You can use the FixGo program to fix any software problems. In other words, you can address the causes that might be creating this iPhone mute switch issue.
Just Follow Up Below Simple Guide to Fix iPhone Silent Mode Keeps Switching On And Off Issue.
- First, you should download and install FixGo on your computer. Then, you will be able to launch the program with no hassle to see the main screen.
- FixGo is a program that can be used in “Fix iOS System – Standard Mode” to fix this issue. Plug your phone in or tablet with a lightning cable to the same PC where FixGo is installed. Click “Fix Now” to initiate the process when the application has detected your device and is ready.
- A firmware update is required in this step to bring the iPhone’s system up-to-date with the most recent version. To download the required firmware, simply click on the option called “Download” to proceed.
- Click “Repair Now” after downloading the firmware, and the application will begin repairing your device.
- When the repair is complete, FixGo will send you a notification, and the iPhone restarts. Check to see if the sound problem has been repaired.
02. Use Dr.Fone – iOS System Repair to Fix iPhone Silent Mode Keeps Switching On And Off Issue
If you don’t want to use the standard (official) methods to repair iPhone errors, you can try this tool. This is another professional third-party tool that lets you recover your iPhone. In fact, Dr.Fone System Repair is an excellent tool that addresses a variety of issues with ease.
Features of Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS)
Let’s take a look at the features related to Dr.Fone System Repair.
- It can downgrade your iOS device with causing no data loss at all.
- Dr.Fone works smoothly to fix issues like the Black screen of death, White logo, recovery mode loop, etc.
- It does fix all the errors on your iOS with a couple of clicks.
- Dr.Fone System Repair is compatible with any iOS device (iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhones).
- It is compatible even with iOS 15 as well.
- Works on both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Why Should You Choose Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS)?
- The Dr. Fone toolbox includes this program, which can fix many kinds of software and firmware issues.
- It can fix plenty of errors. For instance, if the device is stuck in recovery mode or iPhone’s silent mode isn’t working, try this out. Also, it can fix plenty of other errors using this method.
- Do you want to fix the iPhone and then upgrade to the most recent stable version of iOS? If so, all you have to do is click your way through a series of instructions. Because it does not require jailbreak access and does not remove any data, this tool is completely safe.
We are confident that at least one of the above methods will fix iPhone mute switch error and more. However, if there’s a physical malfunction or damage to your iPhone, you should repair it manually. If the device is under warranty and there’s a physical malfunction, you would probably get an official solution.
Official Methods to Try if You Experience iPhone Mute Switch Error
If you don’t want to use any of the professional, third-party methods, read this section. We explain the official steps you can follow to fix this error and get your device working properly.
01. Disable the Volume Button on Your iOS Device
The first step is to change the settings of the volume button of your iOS device. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- First, choose “Sound & Haptics” (or just “Sound” for older iOS versions) in the iPhone’s Settings app.
- Under “Ringer & Alerts“, select the desired volume level.
- Once you have done that, you can switch the “Change with Buttons” switch to the off position.
02. Use the Function Called Do Not Disturb
Adjusting your iPhone’s sound settings can also solve this issue. Use the option called “Do Not Disturb“. That will help you get rid of any erroneous sound settings that may be causing the problem.
Find “Activate“. You can find it by choosing Settings and then going to “Do Not Disturb“. “Automatically” is the default setting. Changing it to “Manually” should fix the sound issue.
03. Clean Your Device
Did you know that excessive use may have caused harm to the mute button on older devices?
As a result, in addition to looking for physical damage, it’s important to look for dust and grime. That means they can gather surrounding the switch, which might cause issues with the device’s operation.
If you suspect that dust or any other dirt is at blame, try cleaning the physical button. To do that, however, you should use a soft cloth or a toothpick carefully. Be careful not to damage the button when doing this.
04. Perform a Force Restart on Your iOS Device
A forced restart is a wonderful remedy. That is because this iPhone Mute Switch error can be caused due to operating system issues and bugs. To restart your iPhone, follow these steps that are mentioned below.
● Newer iPhone Models (Including the iPhone 8)
Press the “Volume Up” button and release it. After that, you should do the same with the “Volume Down” button as well. Then, you should press the Side button and hold it so you can see the Apple Logo.
● For iPhone 6S or Older
You should press the Home Button and Power Button of the device simultaneously for a few seconds. In fact, you should do that until you see Apple’s logo on your device’s screen.
05. Update Your iOS Device to Its Most Recent Version
Another option is to update your iPhone’s operating system to iOS 15. This may, in some cases, fix some of the bugs and settings issues that may be causing the problem. The iOS can be updated to the current version by following these simple steps.
- Before you begin, make sure that you’re connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network on your iPhone.
- Connect it with a solid power source or make sure it’s completely charged.
- Enter Settings and then press “General” for step two.
- Download and install any software updates that may be available on the device. You can do that by tapping “Software Update” if they are available.
Note: Following a major operating system upgrade, all iOS devices experience a brief dip in performance. This is due to the operating system downloading app updates and re-indexing its cache. Naturally, battery life will suffer as a result of all of such an activity. Depending on many aspects, this can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. That means it lasts until performance gets back to normal. New features and capabilities are added to older iOS devices whenever Apple publishes a significant upgrade. This implies that the device will do more than it could previously. Known security flaws have been addressed as well. It's only natural that adding greater functionality comes at a price. Well, that price is usually the increased effort required by the device to accomplish the additional task. Apple, on the other hand, is constantly working to improve the functionality of its products. Even on older devices, newer iOS versions perform much faster compared to their predecessors. All in all, iOS updates are exceptionally beneficial for users.
Conclusion on How to Fix iPhone Mute Switch Error
Well, your iPhone silent mode keeps switching on and off can be fixed with the above solutions. As you can notice, iToolab FixGo is an excellent solution that fixes this error and many others. Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS) is the other professional tool in this article. The good news is that these applications work well even with the most recent iOS versions. Thanks to the smart algorithm, this tool can fix nearly any issue on your device’s iOS. So, you can go ahead and try the other methods as well if you don’t want those professional solutions. If you know other ways to fix iPhone mute switch, please let us know.