“Can anyone explain how to transfer files from SSD to HDD? Well, I have more than 300GB of my study materials to be transferred. I should keep the operating system on the SSD and essential applications on the SSD. So, how to move files from SSD to HDD without taking much time? Also, is there a way to copy them in an organized manner? Thanks, everyone!”
As a computer user, you already know how popular the SSDs are. They have become so popular among many users due to various reasons. SSDs are known for their fast performance (in both writing and reading). Also, they feature better shock resistance and zero noise. They are also designed to be light in weight. There are many users who want to have an SSD on their computer at least to run the OS. Well, you too can have an SSD to keep the OS and other applications. Then, you can have other files transferred to a different HDD. That will boost the overall performance and speed of the PC.
However, many users face a common burden when transferring files from an SDD to an HDD. If you use a computer for a long period, you will have so many files stored in the SSD. So, you will have to transfer that data to a different device to free up the SSD. Also, the more space you leave on the SSD, the better the speed of it. This is exactly when knowing how to transfer files from SSD to HDD is important for any user.
How to transfer files from SSD to HDD using a professional tool?
Do you always prefer to be efficient and save your valuable time? If so, you will like the idea of using a professional tool to transfer data from SSD to HDD. In general, transferring a couple of files by copying and pasting is a practical solution. However, what happens if you have several hundreds of GB to transfer? What if there are thousands of files to be transferred? In that case, a professional application like Todo PCTrans from EaseUS would be handy. In a nutshell, this is the most simplified solution to transfer data between different mediums.
It is an easy-to-use tool that can do the job easily. It can transfer files conveniently between computers without the requirement of a physical or virtual network.
Well, there are two different methods if you wonder how to move files from SSD to HDD with this. Mentioned below are those methods so you can choose the most appropriate option for your situation.
Method 1: Use “File Migration” to transfer data to HDD from SSD
Are you a user who wants to keep the OS, essential applications, etc., on the SSD? If so, you can use the PC Files Transfer from EaseUS easily. It can move files regardless of the size. After that, you can perform cleanup on the hard disk. Mentioned below is how to do it using the feature called “File Migration.” As per this example, C: is the SSD, and D: is the HDD.
- First, download and install the application called EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the respective computer. Then, launch the application to see the main interface. This will let you get files from one source to another. Also, it lets you move data to another hard disk.
- Now, define the hard disk where your files are stored.
- Now, at the completion of the scan, you should see all the files that are larger than 20MB. You can then select all files that should be transferred. Then, you should also define the specific target path. After that, please choose the option called “Move.” That will take you forward.
- Now, you can confirm the action of transferring files. Then, click on the option called “Move.” That will initiate the transfer. Once the files are transferred, there will be enough space.
Method 2: Use the “Backup / Restore” option
In this section, let’s learn how to move files from SSD to HDD and gain free space. As per this method, you will be creating an image on the SSD. After that, you will restore those files to your HDD. Then, the files available on the SSD can be deleted, so there will be enough space on it.
How to Move Files from SSD to HDD using this method.
- First, you should open EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Then, go to the option called “Backup and-Restore.” After that, click on the option called “Start.”
- Now, you can move the mouse over the option called “Data Backup” to proceed. Then, you should hit the option called “Next.” After that, you are supposed to confirm the settings that are already set. You can set the path of the file or even customize it.
- Once you have done that, go to the items that should be transferred. You can create backups of any type of file, including personal data, software, etc. In order to transfer, just deselect “Applications” and then go to “Accounts.” You can now move the mouse over the option called “Files” and then choose “Edit.”
Now, you should go ahead and select the files you intend to transfer on the original drive (source). Then, expand it so you will be able to choose the files that are desired. Then, click on the option called “Finish.” Then, click on the option called “Backup.” After that, you should wait so the process will be completed.
- Now, you should launch PCTrans. Go all the way through the steps up to where you had to select a method to transfer. Then, choose the option called “Data Restore.” Then, choose the option called “Next.”
- Now, you should choose the backup file that appears on the screen of the application. If not, you can go to the path and choose the respective backup to proceed. Click on the option called “Restore.”
- Now, you are in the option called “Files.” After that, you should go to “Edit.” The file can be previewed at this point. Just click on the icon that appears like a pencil. Then, choose a location to save the backup file. In this case, it should be the other HDD. Once you have set the parameters, you can click on the option called “Finish.” Then, choose “Restore.” Wait for a while so the process will be completed.
Features of EaseUS-Todo PCTrans
Here are some of the features you can find in PCTrans.
● Transferring data from one PC to another
Now that you know data transferring, PCTrans gives you some advanced features as well. For instance, it can transfer all types of data from one computer to another through the network. Also, it allows you to transfer data through a Wi-Fi network as well for your convenience.
● It can move installed applications
You can use this tool to move installed apps without having to reinstall them. That saves plenty of time. If you wish to transfer installed app, SymMover is another choice you should check.
● It can transfer your backups and then restore them
It can be used to transfer the backup files from one PC to another. Then, you can recover those files. It also creates images of files and programs.
How to transfer files from SSD to HDD – important topics
Mentioned below are some other important things you should know.
01. How to move a program from SSD to an HDD in my Windows system?
There is a special feature called “App Migration” on EaseUS Todo-PCTrans. That can transfer programs from one hard disk to another.
- Click on the option called “App Migration.”
- Define the programs that are to be moved. Set your new hard disk as the destination.
- Choose to “Transfer” and wait for a while.
02. Is it possible to clone your SSD to HDD?
Yes. It is a pretty convenient process. Mentioned below is how to do that.
- Open EaseUS-Todo Backup and click on the option called “Clone.”
- The source should be the SSD. Also, the HDD should be chosen to be the destination.
- Perform customization. That will start the cloning process.
03. What’s the process to alter your download location?
- Go to File Explorer (Win + E)
- Perform a right-click on the folder labeled “Downloads” and go to Properties to proceed.
- Go to the Locations. Then, change the path to downloads to HDD.
So, that’s how to move files from SSD to HDD. Hopefully, this content cleated the doubts related to the data transferring process. Good luck!