We have received many queries on how to backup locked iPhones and disabled iPhones over the past period. If you have the same question, continue reading and learn how to do it correctly.
As you might already know, creating a backup of your iPhone’s data is an important practice. Such an approach is mandatory for those who prefer the safety of their data. If you have a backup, the data will remain safe even if something happens to your iPhone.
Therefore, many iPhone users tend to create a backup of the data available on their devices. In general, creating a backup of your data is a very easy task for any individual. However, things can be challenging for an average user if the iPhone is disabled or locked.
Well, even if the device is locked, there are ways to create a backup of your data. With that said, you can read the following paragraphs and learn how to backup a disabled iPhone and how to backup a locked iPhone.
Part 1: What Can You Do if the Disabled or Locked Device is Recognized by iTunes?
Have you created a backup of your iPhone’s files before? If that’s the case, you might not need any password to create a backup of the device once again. So, if your device is recognized by iTunes, things are simple, and you can follow the methods below.
How to Backup Locked iPhone Using iTunes
Please follow up below the simple guide to create a backup of your locked iOS device. In this method, we use iTunes, which is an official solution provided by Apple.
- First, you should launch iTunes on your computer. After that, you should connect your iPhone to the same computer with a USB cable.
- When the device is recognized by iTunes, you should click on the option called ‘Summary‘ as well. Then, choose the option called ‘Back Up Now.’ Also, make sure that you select the option called ‘This Computer.’ Doing so will save the respective backup on the computer’s local disk.
Part 2: What if iTunes Doesn’t Recognize Your iPhone
As long as iTunes recognizes your device, creating a backup is not that difficult. However, if iTunes doesn’t recognize your device, things can be somewhat difficult. In that case, you can consider the following options and fix them.
- If the device’s screen is damaged, just fix it and enter the passcode of the device. Thereafter, you can start to create a backup of the device. In addition to that, try connecting a Bluetooth keyboard to the faulty device and entering the passcode. However, the respective keyboard must be already paired with the device if you want this method to work.
- If just a section of your device’s screen is working, try to enable the voice over mode. Then, you can use it and create a backup on a disabled iPhone using iTunes.
How to Create a Backup of Your iPhone Data without iTunes?
Please follow up on simple steps to create a backup from a locked iPhone without iTunes.
- First, you should press and hold the home key so Siri will be turned on. Then, ask Siri to turn on the device’s ‘Voice Over‘ feature.
- You can now swipe right or left so you can select ‘Slide to Unlock.’
- Then, double-tap so you will be able to bring the passcode page up. Then, swipe and enter the passcode. You can now enter the passcode simply by performing a double-tap on each number.
Part 3: How to Remove the Passcode from a Disabled iPhone?
If you have forgotten the passcode, you may need to erase the device from your iCloud account. Then, the current passcode will be removed, and you can create a new one. You can use iTunes or Recovery Mode to unlock your disabled iPhone as a permanent solution.
That said, mentioned below are the methods you can try to remove the passcode on your iPhone.
01. Remove Your Device’s Passcode Using iTunes
Please follow up on a simple guide and remove the passcode on your device through iTunes.
- First, you should connect your iPhone to your computer with which your iPhone is synchronized.
- Now, you should launch iTunes, and when prompted to enter the passcode, use a different trusted computer. If not, you should use the recovery mode.
- However, if you are not prompted for the passcode, just be patient and wait. Eventually, iTunes will synchronize the respective devices and create a backup.
- After the backup process is completed, please click on the option called ‘Restore iPhone.’ Then, in the set-up screen, you should choose the option called ‘Restore from iTunes‘ backup.
- You should navigate to the most relevant iTunes backup considering its date and size. Then, you should wait until the process is completed.
02. Remove Your Password Using the Recovery Mode
If the device is not synchronized with iTunes yet, you will have to use the recovery mode. This should be done to erase the device and the passcode. Please follow the steps below to do it.
- First, please connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes on it.
- Once your device is connected, you will have to perform a force-restart. Mentioned below are the steps to force restart a device based on the version.
If you are using an iPhone 8 or newer
First, press the Volume up button & release it quickly. Then, do the same with the volume down button as well. After that, please press & hold the Side button and hold it so you can see the recovery screen.
If you are using iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
Press the Side and volume down buttons simultaneously and hold them. That will bring the recovery mode screen up.
If you are using an iPhone 6S or older
Press and hold the Home and Top/Side buttons simultaneously. Hold those buttons until the recovery screen appears.
- After bringing up the recovery mode, you should see an option called ‘Restore‘ or ‘Update.’ Just click on the option called ‘Restore‘ so iTunes will start to download the required software to the device.
- You should wait patiently so the process will be completed. You can then configure the device as usual.
Part 4: How to Backup Locked iPhone Using iCareFone
What if you cannot use iTunes to create a backup of your iPhone? Well, the good news is that there is a way to backup your precious data without iTunes. All you need is a professional tool like Tenorshare iCareFone.
It is considered to be one of the most efficient tools ever introduced to manage data on iTunes. If iTunes cannot recognize your device, iCareFone should be the best solution you should rely on.
You can follow the steps below and learn how to backup a disabled iPhone using iTunes.
- First, you should download Tenorshare iCareFone on your PC. Then, get it installed to proceed.
- Launch the program & connect the iPhone to the same PC.
- When you are on the main interface, choose the option called ‘Backup & Restore.’
- Then select all or check the boxes next to the respective types of files you want to recover. Please note that the duration will depend based on the file size.
- Then, click either on ‘Restore to Device‘ or ‘Export to PC.’
So, that is how to backup locked or disabled iPhones using different methods. If you have other queries, please let us know.