There are many individuals who want to learn how to fix FLV files that are corrupted. If you have the same question, you are on the correct page. This article is composed of explaining the best method you can use to fix corrupted FLV files.
Well, corrupted files are not new or rare things for computer users. In fact, it is one of the most common issues you might experience when using computers. This issue mainly occurs when you try to store files on a portable storage device. It goes without saying that these errors can lead to huge losses and annoyances as well. Imagine that you have created an FLV file and transfer it to a portable drive to share. You take it to some other place and open the file only to find out that it is corrupted.
How frustrating will it be for a user? Your efforts and time are in vain, and you feel hopeless. But don’t worry as this article brings you the good news. In other words, we explain how to fix FLV files. In addition to that, we explain some important methods so you can use them to prevent future file corruption.
What are FLV files?
As you may have heard, FLV is the file format that represents Flash Video. In a way, FLV files can be identified to be videos. They use applications such as Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Air to view the content online. Also, FLV is considered to be the standard file format used in pretty much all the embedded videos. Websites such as Facebook, Hulu, and YouTube can be considered as the best examples that use FLV videos extensively.
Assume that you have faced such a situation and recovered a video file with a bad data recovery tool. You try to play it on your media player, and it doesn’t work. What can you do now? Give it up? Probably not! In this case, you can find a way to fix FLV files that are corrupted.
Part 1: What makes FLV files corrupted?
There can be many reasons behind a corrupted FLV file. We tend to delete some of the important data without thinking much. Some instances are unintentional, while others aren’t. No matter we you delete the data, we find ways to retrieve them if they are so important. However, some of the data recovery apps we use can recover files poorly. Unless you use a powerful data recovery tool like Wondershare data recovery, the outcome might be poor. This is particularly true when it comes to video files. Recovered video files often get crashed due to corruption. They fail to play on video players no matter how hard you try.
Here are some of the most common reasons that can contribute to a corrupted video file. Mentioned below are those reasons for your information.
Error writing or reading data
When we start to edit a file, the respective file’s internal architecture will be rewritten. This is required to apply the changes we make to the respective file. However, if the file is closed unexpectedly during this process, serious issues can occur. As a result, your file is most likely to experience issues pertaining to missing information or poor structure.
Damaged or lost information
As of today, we all tend to transfer information very often due to various reasons. Thanks to modern-day technology, we have a wide array of options to transfer files through different media. Some of those media are physical, and others are not.
• Transferring data through the internet
We can transfer data through email, cloud storage, etc. Despite the convenience of these methods, they are prone to lose information due to internet failure or poor connection. As long as the connection is not stable enough to transfer data to servers, transferring issues can appear. Also, smooth transferring of data can be prevented by malware infections. Regardless of the cause, if the transfer is interrupted, the respective file will be damaged.
• Data transfer through physical devices
USB Flash drives, external hard drives, DVDs, SSD, etc. As you can understand, physical media are prone to physical damages. For instance, they can malfunction due to power failures, crashes, impacts, heat, etc. As a result, the information present in them can get damaged, causing writing and reading errors.
Do you have a damaged FLV video, and you cannot afford to lose that? Don’t worry. We can help you out and explain how to fix FLV videos that are damaged. The main step to repair FLV files is to find a reliable video repairing tool. In fact, there are various programs out there to fix FLV files. However, not all of them can do what they promise. So, before choosing a tool to fix your files, you should do some research. We had the same issue until we found the powerful and handy application called Wondershare Repairit Video Repair.
This is an exceptionally simple video repair on Mac app that can do wonders in terms of repairing FLV files, and 0xc10100bf error with MP4 files. In fact, this application is dedicated to repairing FLV files. Compared to the tons of other tools of its kind, Wondershare Repairit comes with a very powerful algorithm. It ensures that you recover all the FLV files regardless of how they are corrupted. It has an advanced mechanism to address all the issues in the file make it work again. So, instead of relying on random tools, we highly recommend Repairit to fix FLV. This tool has already received plenty of positive reviews from users across the globe. That is a clear indication of the popularity of this MP4 video repair tool.
Mentioned below are some of the most important functionalities associated with Repairit.
- It can fix FLV videos no matter there are issues with frame, sound, header, movements, etc.
- You can use it to repair videos stored in your USB drives, SD cards, etc. That is in addition to the files saved in your local storage.
- You can get a preview of the repaired videos using several formats.
- Apart from FLV, this tool can fix other video formats too. For instance, you can use it to fix AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, M2TS, MTS, etc., in addition to FLV.
- You can use Repairit to fix FLV files found on both Windows and macOS platforms.
Now, let’s take a look at the steps to use Repairit and fix FLV.
- Download and install the Repairit video repair tool. Then, launch the application to see its main interface. After that, you should click on the “Add” button. That will allow you to navigate to the FLV file that should be repaired.
- Next, you should select the respective FLV from its location. Then, you should click on the “Repair” button to proceed.
- Once the repair is completed, you can preview the file.
- That’s it. You can save the file once the repairing process is completed. Just choose a location to save the file and view the FLV file you have repaired.
As you can see, it is very easy to fix FLV if you have the right kind of tool. Wondershare Repairit is a very handy tool that can fix FLV files with a couple of easy steps.
|Important: If the respective video file is corrupted badly, you will have to fix it through “Advanced Repair” mode. You should do that by adding a sample video. Basically, a sample video means a valid file that is created in the same format on the same device. With this method, Repairit can switch to a deep repairing process with a more intense algorithm. Once the process is completed, the repaired file will be saved in a couple of seconds. That’s it. You have just fixed the damaged FLV file, and it is now accessible with no issues.|
Part 3: Fix FLV using VLC Media Player
If you want to try a free option instead of the professional solution we presented above, try VLC player. In fact, VLC is one of the best free tools that can fix FLV files in most cases. VLC Player has the ability to repair corrupted FLV files automatically. However, the overall effectiveness of this method is lower compared to the previous solution. In other words, the VLC Player doesn’t fix intensely damaged FLV files. That said, if you want to give it a try, here are the steps.
- First, you should open the VLC player on your computer. Then, click on the option called “Media” on the menu bar. Click on Convert/Save to proceed. You can even use CTRL + R to perform the same function.
- You can now add the corrupted FLV file to the VLC player and proceed to repair it. Navigate to the respective folder and locate your file. Then, click on the button labeled “Convert/Save.”
- You should choose a codec for the output file and define a location for it to be saved. Then, please click on the button labeled “Start.”
- After that, you should find the option called “Preferences” from the “Tools” dropdown and click on it. If not, you can use the keyboard shortcut “CTRL +P.”
- You should select the option called “Always Fix” that is found in the “Damaged or incomplete AVI.” You can find it in the section dedicated to Input/Codecs. After selecting the option called “Always Fix,” click on “Save.”
Part 4: Use FLVMDI to fix FLV
Apart from the previously mentioned steps, you can use FLVMDI as a method to fix FLV. It is a free application that can be downloaded easily. Once the respective tool is downloaded, you should launch it to see the main screen. Then, navigate to the corrupted FLV file and hit the button labeled “Run FLVMDI.” It will start the repairing process.
If you check the button called “Output Progress,” you can see a separate window. That will give you a demonstration of the progress of the ongoing repairing process. At the completion of the process, you should exit the program simply by pressing the “Close” button. You can then open the repaired file on your PC.
By the way, if you are experiencing the 0xc10100bf issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Part 5: Preventive measures in handling FLV videos
Now that you know how to fix FLV files, here are some preventive measures to avoid file damages.
- Always have a backup of your important data before making any changes to the videos.
- Make sure that you save backups in more than one source. For instance, keep a backup in an external hard drive, USB drive, and cloud storage.
- Always use an up-to-date OS and an antivirus.
- Use a reliable, solid, and speedy internet connection.
- Use a UPS if you are using a desktop computer.
Also, here is the full introduction about PowerDirector crop video for your reference.
So, those are the ways to fix FLV files that are corrupted. If you have any other inquiries about this matter, please let us know.