You may experience error 0x800ccc67 generally when you work with SMTP. In general, this error can appear in applications such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail. The error message determines that you cannot send a particular message. With error 0x800ccc67, you will often see an “An Unknown Error Has Occurred” message as well.
As a result of seeing this error message on your screen, you might wonder why it is happening. In fact, there are many users who don’t have a clue about this annoying issue. If you fall into that category, this article is just for you. So, continue reading and find answers to your question.
Error 0x800ccc67 – what are the reasons behind it?
Well, it is always better to know the possible reasons behind an issue before finding answers to it. And, error 0x800ccc67 is no exception. So, let’s discuss the most common reasons that contribute to this error. In fact, we list down five major reasons below for your reference.
- You have installed or downloaded Outlook incompletely on your computer.
- Some of the Outlook-related files were removed from your system intentionally or unintentionally.
- You have installed antivirus or a fireless on your computer, and it prevents Outlook from accessing SMTP. As a result, error 0x800ccc67 can trigger.
- Your Outlook installation has corrupted, and it can lead to various errors, including error 0x800ccc67.
- Your email provider has made some changes to the SSL settings. As a result, it can lead to this error and prevent you from receiving emails.
Well, the reasons are mentioned clearly in the above list. With that knowledge, we can take a look at the solutions with more sense now.
What solutions can you try to fix the error 0x800ccc67 Outlook error?
Now, we are presenting the most practical solutions you can try to fix the aforesaid error on Outlook. In fact, you don’t have to try all of these solutions at once. Instead, you can try one solution after the other while checking if the error is fixed.
Solution 01: Temporarily disable the firewall/antivirus on your PC
No matter what sort of antivirus program you are using, disable it as the first solution. This is the most basic solution you can try when you see an SMTP-related error. Sometimes, your antivirus can prevent Outlook from accessing SMTP, so disabling it temporarily would fix the Error 0x800ccc67. The steps you should follow to disable the antivirus may differ based on its type. In general, any antivirus program can be disabled with a couple of clicks. So, in the “worst” case, it may take about 10 seconds to disable the antivirus. As a general guide, just right-click on the antivirus program’s icon (on the tray, next to the clock). Then, you will see a popup menu. Find the option that allows you to disable it.
Solution 02: Change the SMTP Port
If disabling antivirus temporarily hasn’t worked for you, let’s switch to the next solution. In this, we should change the SMTP port and see if it works. To do that, you should first find the email settings. In fact, you can simply do a Google search with your email service provider’s name. What you should note down is the port under the term “Outgoing Mail Server.”
After noting down the port, you should change it in the client. Like with the previous method, the steps to change the SMTP Port varies from one email service to another. So, find the settings related to your email service and change the SMTP Port. After that, you should press F9 or just send the message. If it doesn’t go, switch off the router for a minute or two before sending the email again. This method should work for many users. If it doesn’t, you can still keep your hopes alive and move to the next solution.
Solution 03: Create a new profile
The next solution you should try is to create a new profile and send the email through that. Please follow below simple steps to do it.
- Go to your system’s control panel. Then, choose the option labeled Mail(32-bit) to proceed. However, if you cannot see this option in your Control Panel, you can find it through the search bar.
- Now, launch the pane labeled Mail and choose the option called “Show Profiles.”
- Once you have done that, you can add a new name. Then, you should use this newly created profile whenever you send an email to someone.
Solution 04: Go for a system restore to fix Error 0x800ccc67
If none of the options have worked for you so far, the next resort is a system restoration. If you follow the steps below, performing a system restore is very easy.
- First of all, you should click on Start Menu.
- Then, you should type in the text “System Restore” within the search field and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, you will be able to see a separate window that has a clickable option called “System Restore.” Click on it.
- If prompted, you should enter the password for administrator privileges.
- Then, you can follow the onscreen commands to get the system restored properly.
Solution 05: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook
Here’s another method that can fix the error 0x800ccc67 and get MS Outlook working again. No matter which version of Outlook you use, the installation necessarily depends on the OS that is being used. With that said, we assume that Windows 10 is the most popular version today. So, we explain the steps that are required to reinstall MS Outlook on a Windows 10 system.
- As the first step, go to the Start Menu and perform a search for the MS Outlook application.
- After seeing the MS Outlook icon, you should right-click on it. You will see a list of options as a popup menu now.
- Click on the option called “Uninstall.” After that, you should be able to remove the MS Outlook application from the system.
- Once you have done that, you can install a clean copy of Microsoft Outlook once again.
Solution 06: Try to fix error 0x800ccc67 with a PST Repair tool
If you are yet to succeed, the next solution is to use a PST Repair tool. It can get rid of the aforementioned error without much hassle. If you wonder how to use this option, you can follow the guidelines mentioned below.
01. Add the PST file
Before everything else, you should install and launch the application called Stellar Toolkit for Outlook.
After that, you can see an option called “Repair Mailbox.” Just click on it to proceed. Then, you will be able to repair the potentially damaged or corrupted PST file.
You will see an option called “select PST file available for repair.” It allows you to locate or add the respective Outlook file that is damaged. Then, you should browse to the file that should be repaired. If not, you can use the “Find” button to search for the faulty file.
02. Repair the added PST file
After selecting the above file, all you need is to click on the “Repair” button. Then, the application itself will start repairing the file to put Outlook back on track. To make things more understandable, this application will bring up a display to show the scanning progress.
If not, you can consider the scanning option as well. Well, once the scanning is completed, you can see that the application displays a range of mail folders. You can see all of those items on the left interface. Just select any of those folders so you can view the content. After that, please select the mail item and preview it. It is viewed in the right pane.
03. Preview the file and save it
If you want to save the files that are recovered, you can choose the option labeled “Preview Repaired File.” You can save the repaired file as a PST file. Just choose a location to save that file. If you want to take a look at that file, later on, hit the button labeled “Browse.”
As you can see, error 0x800ccc67 on Outlook is a very common issue for many users. We listed down the most practical solutions to address that issue and get your Outlook application back on track. As mentioned before, there can be several reasons behind this error. We presented solutions to manage all those reasons, so at least one of those should help you out.
You don’t have to try all those solutions. If you are lucky enough, and the cause is not that serious, the first solution itself can work. If you still have troubles with Outlook (after trying all our solutions), let us know. Our experts will get back to you with an answer. Also, if you find this information to be helpful, please leave us a comment. Your feedback is precious for us!