Knowing how to embed DVD into PowerPoint is handy for any individual. No matter whether you are a student or a professional, such a skill would be very handy. As you may already know, PowerPoint is a very flexible and versatile application for your presentations and demos. So, it is always handy to learn something advanced related to it.
Can you embed DVD into PowerPoint?
Well, the simplest answer to this question is YES. Any presentation will look great and very productive if you have a good video on it. According to marketing experts, videos are the most effective form of content. However, many individuals ignore the importance of videos more often than not. When it comes to the presentation factor, a very small percentage of individuals use videos on their creations. That is why the majority of presentations go unnoticed easily and deliver minimal results for you.
We have prepared this article to explain how to embed DVDs into PowerPoint without much confusion. In fact, the good news is that you can add many file formats to your PPT presentation. For instance, you can add AVI, WMV, or even MPEG files. In simplest terms, the majority of widely used video files are compatible with PowerPoint. So, the solution is to use a good DVD ripper and rip those videos. Then, you can convert those videos into a compatible format and embed them into your presentation.
PS: here are the best alternatives to BUP File Player for your reference.
How to embed DVD into PowerPoint?
The best method is to use a professional DVD ripper like Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Windows. This special app allows you to rip any DVD to any video format that works with PowerPoint. In addition to that, it can detach the audio file from the video file. On top of everything, you get a built-in video editor to perform plenty of editing tasks. For instance, you can easily cut, crop, or change the orientations of a given video. You may even add watermarks to those videos. In a way, it is an all-in-one tool to edit videos.
That said, if you intend to embed DVD into PowerPoint, this is the perfect software. In fact, this application works on both macOS and Windows computers smoothly. You can download the correct version of Aimersoft DVD Ripper and start converting videos effortlessly.
Features of Aimersoft DVD Ripper
- Convert any DVD to any standard file format, including MP4, MOV, etc., for your convenience.
- It can detach the audio content from the movie and extract it from any source.
- It lets you transfer all the converted videos easily into iTunes.
- You will be given the opportunity to embed iTunes movie metadata to manage videos conveniently.
Convert and Embed DVD into PowerPoint
Mentioned below is the process you should follow to convert and embed DVDs into PowerPoint.
- First, you should insert the respective DVD into the hard drive of the PC. After that, you can click on the option called “Load DVD.” That will allow you to add the DVD file. It also allows you to add other files like ISO, IFO, and even Folders.
- This is an optional step and applicable to those who want to edit the video before ripping. All you need is to click on the “Edit” or “Clip” option. That will bring up a new window labeled “Video Edit.” With that, you can crop or perform any other edits to the video to proceed. You can even add a watermark to the same. The best thing is that all those edits will be previewed in real-time, so you know what you do.
- You can choose an output path to save the video file once the edit is done. It is the folder where your file will be saved. Well, you should choose highly compatible formats like WMV, AVI, MP4, etc. However, if you use a Mac, it is better to go for MOV format. Once you have done that, click on the option called “Start” so it will start ripping the video. Once the process is completed, you will see the edited video in that folder.
- Now, the video editing is completed, you can go to the PowerPoint presentation. What’s left is to embed DVD into PowerPoint presentation. You have already edited the video. To do that, you should go to the option called “Insert.” If you use PowerPoint, go to Movie and select the option called video clips. If you use PowerPoint 2003, you may choose “Movie and Sounds” first. After that, you should choose the option called “Movie from File.” That will lead to choosing your video clip. That’s it. Your video file is in the PowerPoint presentation.
Edit the DVD video for your PowerPoint presentation
You might notice that it is impractical to embed DVD into PowerPoint in its full size. That is because the size of the original DVD file is too large. So, if you insert such a file into the same PowerPoint file, it will have a massive file size. As a result, you may find it very difficult to share it with someone else. In addition to that, it is always good to limit the length of the video to 60 seconds. Anything longer than that will be too long. So, in this case, you can cut the important part of the video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper. Thankfully, this application has a user-friendly interface to let you edit those videos easily.
There is a scissor icon located right above the timeline of Aimersoft. You can click on that so the “cut” option will be activated. You can drag the sliders accordingly to mark the length of the video before cutting it. It is that simple. Once the video is cut, you are done, and then you can save it.
Apart from cutting a video, this application lets you do other edits as well. For instance, it lets you remove background music, add music, merge two video clips, and so on. After all, it is a highly versatile tool with plenty of capabilities.
Converting a DVD video maintaining optimal quality and be compatible with PowerPoint
First, you should choose the converted DVD file from your local storage. After that, you should activate settings like hardware acceleration, safe mode, and deinterlacing to get optimal output. Also, you should use a high-quality engine so you can rip the DVD without losing any quality. After that, you can convert the DVD to the desired format so it will be compatible with PowerPoint.
How to Embed DVD into PowerPoint
1. First, you should create a PowerPoint presentation.
2. Be sure that you open it with the option “Normal.”
3. You can then add a new slide to the presentation. It can be done by hitting Enter. Also, you can do the same with an existing slide.
- PowerPoint 2003
- Go to Insert and choose Movie and Sounds. Then, choose “Movie from File.”
- PowerPoint 2010
- Go to Insert and choose Video. Then, choose the option called “Video from File.”
- PowerPoint 2013 or newer
- Go to Insert and choose Video. Then, click on the option called “Video From My PC.”
4. Click on Insert, and that will be it.
After embedding the DVD file, you can have a playback bar as well, and that becomes handy. With that, you can preview the embedded video. In addition to that, it gives you the option of resizing the video to match your requirement. You can resize the video simply by dragging the corners accordingly.
Important: Please note that there is a drawback associated with increasing the size of the video, as mentioned above. If you do that, the overall size of the file will be increased significantly. So, the best approach is to create a link to the respective video file within the presentation. To do that, you can go to "Insert" and click on "Video." Then, go to "Video on My PC." After that, select the video file you intend to link. Now, click on the arrow located next to the option called "Insert." Finally, click on the option "Link to File." Be sure that you store the respective video and the PowerPoint file in the same folder. Otherwise, the video file won't be played properly.
So, that’s exactly how to embed DVD into PowerPoint. As you can see, the whole process is made a lot easier with Aimersoft DVD Ripper. If you do have any other doubt related to this matter, please let us know.