Is it possible to cast Apple music from iPhone to Chromecast? If so, what are the steps to follow, and what tools should you have? Well, the process is simpler than you think, and we will explain it all in this guide.
The good news is that this article explains how to use this technology on both Android and iOS devices. No matter whether you have an iPad, iPhone, or Android phone, the following methods are applicable. Also, there are some situations where Chromecast doesn’t necessarily work. But don’t fret because we explain an alternative method to use as a substitute for Chromecast.
Important: Please note that your Chromecast Speaker or the Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, the methods mentioned in this article will not work. So, go ahead and connect them to the same network before proceeding.
How to Play Apple Music on My Chromecast Using My Android Phone?
Well, Android’s Apple Music has built-in compatibility with Google’s Chromecast technology. Thanks to that technology, it will be much easier to stream music to a Chromecast-enabled device.
- Listen to a song on the aforesaid Apple Music on the Android device.
- To cast a video, simply tap the icon labeled “Cast” in the upper-right corner.
- In the lower-left corner, you’ll see a square icon with a Wi-Fi signal.
- Tap on your TV’s name so you can get to the settings menu.
- You should see the Cast icon glow red to signify that your TV is connected. Within a few seconds, the respective song will start to play on your television.
- Tap the Cast icon to discontinue Chromecasting to your TV.
- After that, tap on the option called “Stop Casting.”
Apple Music Chromecast from iPhone – How to Do It?
As we know, Chromecast isn’t supported by iOS’s Apple Music app. So, there’s no way to stream music from the official app to a Smart TV using the Chromecast device. To get past this restriction, many consumers utilized various different third-party programs. These programs allowed them to project their iPad or iPhone screen onto their smart TV. There was an important iOS security upgrade lately. As per that update, audio through Apple Music won’t play while the respective device is mirrored using this method.
So, What Can You Do to Apple Music Chromecast iPhone?
In this case, you’ll need to utilize a specific app that streams music saved on your device. Assume that you don’t have an Apple Music subscription. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to use it to stream or broadcast live audio. However, you will still have access to the music you’ve downloaded for offline listening.
In the App Store, there’re various paid and free iOS apps that claim to deliver Apple Music Chromecast iPhone. With that said, the truth is that most of them are not in operation anymore. On the other hand, the ones that actually work demand an expensive membership plan to unlock the capabilities. In other words, it is utterly useless unless you purchase the premium version of those apps.
When it comes to streaming music to a TV, CastForHome is among the best apps we’ve tried. Because of the very reason, we use it in this example as well. Not only does CastForHome not require a subscription, but it is downloadable for free. Because of that, you can use it for Apple Music Chromecast iPhone with no hassle at all.
During our experiment, our team was able to use CastForHome for several hours without any complications. However, what you should remember is that there is a maximum limit (daily) on free Chromecast streaming. But those restrictions and in-app adverts can be removed with a one-time $19.99 payment.
Mentioned Below is the Process to Use CastForHome
- All of the songs you wish to listen to using your smart TV should be downloaded. You are supposed to use the Apple Music app.
- Tap OK in CastForHome.
- You will be given the option to proceed with a payment right away. You’ll see an x icon appearing at the top of the screen after a few seconds; tap it.
- While using this app, you may see advertisements. Observe for a few seconds before tapping the Close button.
- Tap the device that is connected to the network.
- Tap on your TV’s name to get to the settings menu.
- Then, please tap the Sound.
- To allow the app to access your music library, simply tap the button labeled “OK.”
- The song begins to play when you tap it. As soon as you use Chromecast, the song should start playing on your TV.
- Turn down the volume on your iPhone if you hear sound coming from your TV and iPhone speakers.
- Tap the icon called “Cast” in the upper-right corner to stop streaming Apple Music.
- Stop casting by using the button called “Stop Casting.”
Apple Music Chromecast on Desktops (Windows/macOS/Chrome OS)
It’s possible to watch Apple Music on a TV through Chromecast on computers or tablets. That means the devices that run on Windows, Chrome OS, or macOS. To do that, you will have to use the assistance of Google Chrome web browser for free.
- Log in to your Apple Music account using Google Chrome’s built-in web browser.
- Open the browser’s menu by clicking the ellipse-like icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select the option called “Cast” to proceed.
- Select the device that already has Chromecast enabled.
- Finally, the Chrome windows with Apple Music will be mirrored to your television set.
- You may establish a fresh Chromecast to your TV if the audio drops out.
- Repeat the steps mentioned above and select the option called “Stop casting” to stop Chromecast mirroring.
Is It Possible to Cast Apple Music Without Chromecast?
It’s possible to stream music from Apple Music without using Chromecast. That is if you don’t want or can’t get Chromecast to operate with the service.
- Wired connections are preferred. With the assistance of HDMI or any other appropriate cable, you may mirror any Android, iOS device. If not, you can do the same on the computer to your TV unit.
- Miracast is a good option. On Windows PCs, smart TVs, and even an Xbox console, you can use Miracast to stream content wirelessly.
- Apple AirPlay can be used to project Apple Music. As long as you have a TV that supports AirPlay, you may stream Apple Music easily. You can do it from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your TV via AirPlay.
- Web browsers for TV and consoles. The official website of Apple Music may be accessed through a web browser on many smart TV units. Also, the same can be used for video gaming consoles.
Also, if you wonder how to cast phone to Chromebook with ease, this guide you should check out.
Frequently Asked Questions about Apple Music Chromecast iPhone
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the Apple Music Chromecast iPhone. This will give you a better idea of the concept.
01. What are the steps to follow in casting Apple Music to a Roku device?
Once in the Apple Music app, choose the AirPlay icon and select your Roku so you can begin streaming. In order to view your Roku in the AirPlay device list, there may be a firmware issue. Roku and Apple’s respective support sites are good places to check for AirPlay 2 compatibility.
02. What are the steps to cast your Apple Music to your Google Home?
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to get this done.
- First, you should open the app called “Google Home.”
- Then, you should go to “Settings” and select “Music.” After that, you should choose “More Music.” Then, choose the option labeled “Apple Music” and choose “Link Account.”
- Once you have linked the account of Apple Music, you can proceed with the other steps. That means you can request Google Assistant so it will start playing Apple Music. And, that music will be played either on Google Nest Smart Speaker or Google Home.
Conclusion on How to Cast Apple Music from iPhone to Chromecast
As you can realize, there is no official way to perform Apple Music Chromecast iPhone. However, with a couple of tweaks, it is always possible to get it done. The steps you should take are mentioned in our article in the simplest possible ways. So, enjoy your music, and please share your thoughts with us.